Sunday, January 24, 2010

All the GOOD overpasses are taken

Yep, it appears to be Bile-Spillin' time once again, so let's get right to it, shall we?

As I had correctly predicted in my last post, I never got a call back from the eye doctor's office about the driver position. I also have not received any calls about temp jobs in this area, so the official forecast is for mostly screwed with homelessness likely by April, unless something comes through in the meantime.

Applying for jobs is tough when you have to figure out whether or not they're located along a bus route, and as it would figure, most of the decent jobs that I am more than qualified for are not, or they're on hours that the buses don't run. It's the old runaround: truck needs to get fixed, but need money to do that, and can't get money without a job, and job requires a reliable vehicle to get back and forth ... which needs to get fixed.

The good thing is tax time is here, so I can put the refunds that I should be getting toward rent, so we will at least have a roof over our heads through the end of March, and if there's any extra, I might see what I can do about getting the truck fixed. By "fixed," I mean getting it in decent shape that it won't threaten to die on the side of the highway, and once I'm able to get more money I can get it fully repaired (or save enough for a down payment on a newer vehicle). Either that, or I see what I can scrounge off of Craigslist or something.

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, but I'm hoping one of these tomorrows will bring the offer of a job.

Thus ends this week's effluent discharge. More next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know, you're only encouraging me to litter the internet more with my crappy writing. You enabler, you.