Sunday, January 3, 2010

Surprise! Early posting

Looking back over things that have been happening, I found that there's more than enough for an update this week. So, why don't we just get right to it so we can get back to more important things, like waterproofing that canoe with your boogers?

As I mentioned in my previous posting (which you'd remember if you were paying attention), I am working a temporary job. This Thursday, I will find out if that will be ending or continuing for a couple more weeks. In the meantime, I need to get my license converted over (and will need to find out how much that's gonna set me back), make sure I have cash on hand for the train ticket home (since I have no vehicle of my own to use -- more on that next paragraph) should I need it, and start papering the metro with resumes once again. I'm hoping I can at least make enough to put money aside for rent and still have some left over for groceries.

Now, on to the vehicle. I have a 15-year-old pickup truck that's been serving me well, until the beginning of last month when it died on me coming home from work. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, or how much it's going to cost to fix, or even if it's fixable. I'm thinking it's a problem with either the oil pump, or maybe the fuel pump. Either way, it'll be a bitch to get fixed and I can't afford even a decent used vehicle right now. That's something else to look into when I have more free time on my hands.

I also found out that my Aunt Anne (my grandfather's sister) passed away on Friday. She wasn't looking all that great at Grandpa's funeral, and she was in her 90s, so it wasn't a huge surprise to learn of her passing. I'm just thinking there was a better way to find out rather than reading her obituary in the online edition of my hometown paper.

With that, we close this update and prepare for next week's diatribe on what totally sucks in my life and how it's never gonna change.

Seeya next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know, you're only encouraging me to litter the internet more with my crappy writing. You enabler, you.