Sunday, January 17, 2010

Last call

I got paid for last week on Thursday. After setting aside for rent, paying insurance on a truck that should very well be sitting in the scrapyard right now, and buying groceries, I might be able to afford a haircut so I don't look like a total slob when I go out job hunting.

This is the end of the line. I have no more income to carry us through.

I interviewed for a job on Thursday, and based on what I was able to interpret, I'm not going to get the position. Granted, it was a major drop in what I was making, and not even full time. But, right now, any money is good money. I even got a call from my old supervisor at the temp job, who informed me of a position with their company closer to home. She said she'd submit my information and I should be hearing from them soon. As you can guess, not a peep. I'm guessing the position has already been filled.

The plus side to rock bottom is that there's really nowhere to go but up. Unless, of course, life hands you a sharper pick and tells you to keep digging.

Hopefully a happier tale next week, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know, you're only encouraging me to litter the internet more with my crappy writing. You enabler, you.